geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: valid XML checking
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:02:02 GMT
I'm already doing this on importing applications. Non-qualified plans
can be imported, and I run the conversion to make it a valid doc so
that the EMF models can process it.  Once its processed and the
namespaces have been entered from that point forward you have to use
qualified elements if you're modifying the resource via the Text/XML
editor otherwise you invaliding the document and thus the editors can
be opened against it.

I may be able to put in a hook to always run SchemaConverstionUtils
on opening the editor which would resolve the problem.  Go ahead and
open a defect.  But if you put unqualified elements and run the WTP
xml validator its going to fail since technically it is an invalid
document.  I could add a ResourceChangeListener or Builder as well
which would help as well.

But the "real solution" will be for users not have to modify the xml
at all and there needs to be a complete set of deployment plan
editors.  I've been very behind on this effort, what would help would
be if someone could mock up how they wanted things to be layed out in
the editors and then I could get it done much quicker.

- sachin