geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting the datasource ref in a gbean
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:14:30 GMT
Hi ,

       I have a final object (SessionFactory of hibernate)  that I need in
the JNDI context of an application. Since Geronimo does not have a global
JNDI Context I am planning to write a GBean to initialize the Session
factory and then in the application provide the gbean-ref. Does this feature
work as of now? If I have a $getResource() in my gbean and return the
session factory will I get the session factory in the JNDI context of the
application.  Is this the correct approach? What i want is a sessionfactory
bound to the JNDIContext of the application using Hibernate.

Regards
Manu