geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New Feature: Configuration Import/Export
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:39:04 GMT
For #3, do you imagine a website that would dynamically generate the
download package for the user, or require them to have Java and possibly
other developer tools (like Cygwin, Ant or Maven)?  One thought, would
be to reuse the Izpack work to create an "Installer" front-end, but I'm
worried about the slow download times during the day for ibiblio and
planetmirror....

For #4, would requiring Eclipse or just the Eclipse RCP client package
(about 5MB) be okay as the base UI?  Seems that we could extend the
current Eclipse plug-in (or create a second one) to allow users to
create an installed server from a Maven repo as Aaron has demonstrated
and then setup a server instance in Eclipse if they wish for development
usage....

One thing I would like to see as part of whatever solution we create, is
to start using the Apache maven repository and always push nightly,
milestone and released builds to that sevrer in addition to ibiblio
server (which in the past several months has become very unresponsive
during the day due to high traffic - at least on the US East coast.)

-Donald