geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on renaming util module
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:36:38 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Btw,some of this stuff has been duplicated in javamail spec, see
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-spec-javamail/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/mail/util/

That was intentional, to allow the javamail code to be used separately
from the rest of Geronimo, and also not have the spec jar files have
dependencies pointing back into the Geronimo code.  If only Sun would
ever byte the bullet and add some of these frequently duplicated
encoders to the base JVM.

Rick