geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Geronimo to use an upcoming ActiveMQ 4.x release and the activemq-gbean & activemq-gbean-management modules
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:35:18 GMT
Cross posting to dev@geronimo so the Geronimo team is involved in
discussions regarding ActiveMQ integration, as I don't think the missing
gbean support in ActiveMQ 4.0 has been discussed on the Geronimo dev list.

The missing gbean support was a surprise to me as I wasn't expecting
ActiveMQ 4.0 to be missing the functionality that it had in ActiveMQ
3.2.1 currently used by Geronimo.  I was expecting 4.0 to almost be a
drop in replacement, except for the change of package names.  I was
hoping to play with a 4.0-RCx release with Geronimo.

I am concerned about Geronimo staying with a 3.2.x release when it has
been mentioned that 4.0 should be more stable and a number of bugs in
3.2.x have only been fixed in the 4.0 code.

Hiram, when you have an idea of the effort required to implement the
GBeans support ActiveMQ 4.x let's discuss time frames for Geronimo to
moving to an ASF hosted ActiveMQ release.

Regards,

John