geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <>
Subject Re: Last published on our website and how to publish changes
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 01:10:49 GMT
Hi Jacek,
good timing, I just updated the site (first time) :)

Those instructions have missing that you need to get the site from svn first (although it
may look

Here is a *summary* of the steps:

1- svn co <local_site_home>
2- edit the xml files in <local_site_home>\xdocs
3- run *ant* from <local_site_home> to build the updated html files
4- svn up     [if needed]
5- svn ci --message " "
6- ssh to minotaur
7- cd /www/
8- svn up

Editing the XMLs may be tricky, at least it took me some time to figure out how the styling
Let me know if you have any question on any specific file, I may be able to help (still have
editing fresh in my head) :)

As for the "Last Published",we should have the timestamp for the last update on each page.
the current building method is not capable of adding a timestamp on each page individually.
It may
be worth to investigate some more, I will look into it.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not sure if I haven't already asked about it before, but what do
> you think about adding the 'Last Published' item on the front page as
> it is when a site is generated using Maven?
> Also, what are the steps to get changes to go live? Are the steps
> described in
> correct?
> Jacek
> --