geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r386059 - in /geronimo/site: ./ docs/ docs/redirects/ lib/ wikimesh/activemq-site/ wikimesh/servicemix-site/ xdocs/ xdocs/redirects/ xdocs/stylesheets/
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 02:37:42 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> 2006/3/15, jsisson@apache.org <jsisson@apache.org>:
>
>> Author: jsisson
>> Date: Wed Mar 15 03:53:51 2006
>> New Revision: 386059

>> Added:
>>     geronimo/site/lib/commons-collections-3.1.jar   (with props)
>>     geronimo/site/lib/commons-lang-2.1.jar   (with props)
>>     geronimo/site/lib/jdom-1.0.jar   (with props)
>>     geronimo/site/lib/oro-2.0.8.jar   (with props)
>>     geronimo/site/lib/werken-xpath-0.9.4.jar   (with props)
>>

> What are the jars for? It looks very weird in the age of Maven, doesn't it? ;)
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.laskowski.org.pl

I was waiting for you to comment :-) Yes it is ugly and should be
reworked to use Maven.

Yesterday I discovered that the JIRA link on the geronimo web page was
broken.  I thought, oh, that will only take me 5 mins to fix...  For
some reason simple things always turn into something complicated..

When I went to check in the html files generated by velocity I found
that they had both crlfs and lfs causing a checkin of the files to fail
with an error saying the file has inconsistent line endings ( I am on
Windows xp).

After further digging there was a bug in velocity that was fixed in the
current development version (we were using an old 1.5 dev version) that
has some additional dependency requirements.  So I updated the lib dir
with the mandatory dependencies according the the dependencies doco in
the velocity development version.  I got some class not found exceptions
before I added the dependencies, so some new ones have been introduced.

Much time was spent chasing this and I didn't have the time to throw
maven into the mix as well just to get a broken link on the site working :-)

Regards,

John