geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Error during server startup
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:43:58 GMT
Hmmm .... I'm not sure about that exception.  The error that I fixed is
a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception on Tomcat and materialized
itself somewhat differently on Jetty.   I wonder if the change you made
results in the tomcat logs either not being created or created in a
different location that is causing the NPE.

Did you try (without your change) to start the server via the scripts
(either startup.bat or geronimo.bar run) and verify that the logs are
also created via that scenario (as they are for me)?  If, after that,
you access the server logs from the web console I would expect you to
get the NoClassDefFoundError which the JIRA I referenced earlier fixes.

Joe