geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:58:39 GMT

anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>     I am in favor of running parallel builds until all
> the modules can be built even by skipping the tests.
> Then we need to go through the dependencies and change
> their scopes (compile/test/runtime) and see how m2
> handles it. I do not think maven.xmls are being
> modified , please correct me if I am wrong. People
> modifying project.xml chould make a note in the jira
> that the dependency list has been modified. Though if
> we do the scope thing right, we should end up with the
> same list... Well that is my impression...

I did have to modify just one maven.xml in client-builder but only to
invoke the dependency plugin.  Most of the other changes are in
project.xml as you expect (which, btw, is the case for the tomcat
module).  The changes that I needed to make were to remove, add, and
relocate dependencies .... so these changes would need to be integrated
prior to changing the scopes for M2 or they would be lost.

Thanks,
Joe

--
Joe Bohn