geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn help
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:10:14 GMT
Sachin Patel wrote:
> Every time I run svn add as of recent I get... This never happened
> before.... I have no idea what changed on my system to start causing
> this. How can I prevent this?
>
> subversion/libsvn_wc/props.c:980: (apr_err=200009)
> svn: File 'pom.xml' has inconsistent newlines
> subversion/libsvn_subr/subst.c:506: (apr_err=135000)
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>
> - sachin

Did you set defaults for subversion as documented in
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode#head-4cfe1f3516da2bace5dcb5ed105eaed7c7478afb

?

If so, maybe it is trying to add the pom.xml file with the default
eol-style for xml files and it has found that your pom.xml file contains
a combination of LF and CRLF line endings, therefore saying it is
inconsistent.  Maybe you need to get hold of a text editor that can
clean these up, or a file hex editor.  Did you use different tools when
creating and editing the pom.xml file?  If so, are the line endings
configured differently?

If you are on Windows all line endings should be CRLF and if you are on
*NIX then you should have LF line endings in the file.

The settings in the wiki page above ensure that when you get a file from
subversion that the line endings for text based files are in the correct
style for your system.  I am guessing that the eol-style  settings are
also used when adding a file to convert from an end user's native
eol-style to a normalized style (not sure what style it is stored on the
server, maybe the server's native style) and maybe that is where it is
having problems??

John