geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A couple of javamail questions
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:42:23 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> I think we should follow the convention of GNU classpath

>>> Can we make the vendor version number match the module version
>>> number in Maven?
>> Fairly easily done, but it is a manual process at the moment.
>
> Nothing a little velocity can't fix :)
>
>> I just wasn't certain we wanted to increment all of the version
>> numbers for the providers even if nothing changed in the code.
>
> I definitely think the numbers should match.  If we want this module
> to move at a different rate and pace then the main server, we move the
> code to be next to the geronimo tree (a.k.a. a sub project).
I was talking more about the individual providers within the module
(smtp, nntp, pop3, etc.).  smtp was introduced first, while the others
are just getting introduced.  If we use the Geronimo version number,
then the first releases of nntp and pop3 will be 1.2, and the smtp
version number will skip from 1.0 to 1.2.