geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: littleG (minimal-tomcat-server) status
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:38:12 GMT
I'd really like to get a committer to look into these changes and
hopefully commit them fairly quickly.

David J ... I know that you're tied up with the configID changes.  Is
there somebody else that could take a quick look at these changes?

I'm concerned that the current activity to convert from M1 to M2 might
result in some of these changes being lost in the conversion.  For
example, the patch includes a change to the tomcat module which I see is
being actively converted to M2.

I should note that these changes are a bit risky and will possibly cause
some NoClassDefFoundErrors on specific scenarios when integrated.  I
have done the following tests for both the jetty and tomcat assemblies
but I obviously can't cover everything.  1) Verified the itests are
successful.  2) Verified that deployment of a web app works  3) Verified
that the main console portlets still function (all main GUIs presented
without error and some detailed functions verified)  4) Verified that
all of the daytrader application web primitives continued to work.    At
this point it might be best to integrate the changes and deal with the
fall-out.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

--