geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: heads up: initial contribution of a client API to session state management for OpenEJB, ServiceMix, Lingo and Tuscany
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:15:18 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> The Web tier is much more complex from a session perspective for all
> the reasons you highlight - so am wondering if it'd be worth coming  up
> with a slightly different 'WebSession' API that has all the stuff  you
> need to wire it into Jetty (and ditto for Tomcat). Then we see  what
> common areas we have.

Perhaps this will be required.  But I think that the current API is close
enough that we should see how close we can get to a total solution and
see what additional APIs are needed.   Once those additional APIs start
getting too WebSession specific, then we can look at extending the API.

But I certainly will be able to get a working session manager with
the current API - it wont be compliant but will work for most sessions,
so I think we should get to that point before splitting.

cheers