geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject littleG (minimal-tomcat-server) status
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:11:11 GMT

I just added an updated patch to Geronimo-1613

After some painstaking effort, I was finally able to remove the
uber-spec dependency from rmi-naming which should have resulted in an
additional savings in little-G of nearly 1.2 meg.   Unfortunately, I had
to add in some individual spec jars that were not previously included
and which decreased the savings somewhat.

The real disappointment was when I picked up the latest image yesterday
to create the patch and noticed Kevan's change to include the CORBA spec
in rmi-naming to work around some other problem.  This adds back in
about 640K.  The comment indicates that this is only temporary.  How
long will it be needed there and is somebody working to remove it?

So, after all that the latest patch only takes us from 16.4 to about
16.3 meg ... but we'll drop more when CORBA comes out of rmi-naming.

Would it be possible to get this patch committed to trunk before too
much more work happens on the maven2 effort?  I think that it would
benefit the migration and integration if these updated project.xmls were
used as the starting point.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn