geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Session API, was: heads up: initial contribution of a client API to session state management for OpenEJB, ServiceMix, Lingo and Tuscany
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:41:40 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>         Object value = session.getState("web:/context-" + name);

Ok I get it now.

Don't have a deep - hard to replicate - structure.
Have a flat structure, but with a scoped name space!

I think this approach solves a lot of issues and probably
reduces the need for extra API.

For example, perhaps we could communicate maxIdleTimes via
naming conventions rather than API:

   session.putState("session:maxIdleTimeMs",new Integer(60000));

I still don't know if this approach can help with event notification,
but I defer that until I have a quasi-working session manager against
the API.

cheers