geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA and svn changes - how to tie it up?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:51:16 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen a couple of times that some JIRA issues where accompanied
> with svn changes. How can it be done?
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.laskowski.org.pl

In your svn commit log message just needs to include the JIRA issue
identifier, but hopefully followed by a comment describing the change
for those looking at svn history.

For example:

    GERONIMO-1605 - Display PID of started process when using
geronimo.sh start or startup.sh (merged from trunk)

The JIRA record GERONIMO-1605 will be updated (usually takes at least a
few minutes after the commit) and the svn commits associated with the
JIRA can be viewed by clicking on the "Subversion Commits" or "All"
links in the JIRA issue.  I usually use "All" so I can see the comments
and history at the same time.

If everyone did this it would make things much easier seeing the
progress of work for an issue.

It makes it easier tracking down and understanding the reason for
changes made and whether the changes have also been made to a branch.

Regards,

John