geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <>
Subject heads-up: Servlet-2.5 & jetty 6 branch?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:55:38 GMT

I'm tuning back into G after zoning out for a while....
I'd like to started work on the jetty6 integration to
provide servlet 2.5

The goals of the jetty 6 integration will be:
 + 2.5 servlet API.
 + annotation support
 + Simplify integration using Jetty 6 interceptor friendly architecture.
 + Use geronimo threadpool
 + Use Session API ( or iteration of that (see comments posted earlier)) as
   basis of session manager
 + Experiment with WADI and clustering integration
 + Better JACC specific security handler (perhaps to be back ported to Jetty)
 + Potentially use common server socket factories and eventually SSL Engine

For this I'm going to created a branch geronimo/sandbox/servlet-2.5
and add geronimo-spec-servlet to geronimo/spec/branches/JEE5

I'm going for a full branch:

 + because I actually want to see how hard it will be to use
   svn to maintain a parallel dev branch.
 + I want some stability
 + I think there will be some moderately global changes that
   may affect multiple modules.
 + The branch will be a good place for a 2.5 tomcat module
   to be developed at the same time.

everybody OK with this?
I'd like to start this soonish, although I'm tempted to wait
for maven2 to be working.

View raw message