geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject ModuleBuilder - add initENC after addGBeans
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:56:43 GMT
Hi,

I think that we need to split ModuleBuilder.addGBeans into two methods:
addGBeans and initENC. addGBeans implementations perform GBean
registrations as per the current approach. initENC is invoked after the
addGBeans phase and implementations use this callback to build the ENC.

The issue with the current implementation is that it is impossible to
bind a GBean reference to the ENC if the referenced GBean is defined by
a module which has not yet been processed by addGBeans. For instance, if
a module A references a GBean added by a module B and if module A is
processed before module B, then it is impossible to locate the
referenced GBean as it has not yet been added to the registry.

If there is no objection, I will start to work on it in the next couple
of days.

Thanks,
Gianny