geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: heads up: initial contribution of a client API to session state management for OpenEJB, ServiceMix, Lingo and Tuscany
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:51:51 GMT
On 28 Feb 2006, at 11:03, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Responding to this a bit late....

Better late than never :)

Thanks for the great feedback on the Session API. BTW web based
session management was not really considered too much in the design
of the API. We tried to come up with the absolute, minimal API
possible that was all the container developer (OpenEJB / ServiceMix /
Tuscany / Lingo) needed to deal with sessions.

The Web tier is much more complex from a session perspective for all
the reasons you highlight - so am wondering if it'd be worth coming
up with a slightly different 'WebSession' API that has all the stuff
you need to wire it into Jetty (and ditto for Tomcat). Then we see
what common areas we have.

Anyway more on the responses to the other interesting posts in this
thread...

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/