geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:39:42 GMT
On 3/15/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> >...snip good stuff..
> > Have TLPs and have each TLP's website be at geronimo.apache.org.
> > Investigate federations. Even investigate sharing mailing lists.
> >...snip good stuff..
>
> Jakarta and XML have gone that 'federation' route with a bunch of
> 'friendly' TLPs.  HTTP Server may eventually spin off more
> sub-projects to TLP status as well (such as mod_python).
>
> The APR spin-off from HTTP Server was probably the first federation
> (although it wasn't called that).  HTTP Server depends upon APR and
> they have a large committer and PMCer overlap (but not total), but
> from the Foundation/Board's perspective - they are independent TLPs
> and are treated as such.  The same technical arguments seem to be made
> for ActiveMQ and ServiceMix in their dependency relationship with
> Geronimo.  -- justin

Right. I would suggest having individual TLPs, individual mailing
lists, and individual websites, but with a lot of cross-linking,
brand-logo [Geronimo federation image on each of the other TLP sites]
and with the Geronimo PMC providing space (open to the other TLPs) on
the Geronimo website for the integration details of each of these
plugins.

Just an idea though :)

Hen