geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:49:54 GMT
On 3/10/06, Jacek Laskowski <eljotpl@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/3/9, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com>:
>
> > The geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment module was giving errors; but I
> > realised I was building under JDK 1.5. It works fine under 1.4; so
> > something for the future there perhaps.
>
> I think I've seen a way to make sure that M2 is used on Java 1.4.
>
> Now, there might be a way to leverage it and ensure Java 1.4 runtime.
>
> > Next I get errors from the Geronimo :: Directory module; this is
> > because I'm being a aggressive and turning off the snapshot
> > repositories in the top pom. directory-asn1 depends on commons-test,
> > which is unreleased. In this case the ideal solution is to set
> > commons-test to test scope so it doesn't end up in the build - I'll
> > work on getting that changed - or just having them not depend on
> > commons-test :)
>
> Great. I'm looking forward to committing your patch ;)

Fixed it at the other end. The commons-test dependency no longer gets
passed along transitively.

Now I find that everything builds from the top down - except for the 2
Tomcat tests that already appear to be being looked into. This is with
the snapshot repositories commented out - they slow things down and
seem to lead to errors that mean I have to keep repeating the build
until they've finally downloaded things. There's some way to change
their strategy I think - must look into this.

Slowly moving axis-builder along. Looks like the Maven xmlbeans plugin
depends on a snapshot version of xmlbeans, so that's irritating :)

Hen