geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:06:29 GMT
> On 3/9/06, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> >
> > > Here's my next concern. For these modules that have migrated to m2, we
> > > should include them in the daily G builds as soon as possible. If we
> > > don't pull out the m1 build artifacts, project.xml and maven.xml from
> > > the migrated modules, then there's a chance that those may get changed
> > > behind our backs while we go forward converting more. There might be a
> > > regression of issues.
> >
> > I have the same concern and voiced it (from the other direction) in my
> > post on little-G.
>
> Ditto, so I now start my day by running a build-fresh-geronimo script. :)

The geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment module was giving errors; but I
realised I was building under JDK 1.5. It works fine under 1.4; so
something for the future there perhaps.

Next I get errors from the Geronimo :: Directory module; this is
because I'm being a aggressive and turning off the snapshot
repositories in the top pom. directory-asn1 depends on commons-test,
which is unreleased. In this case the ideal solution is to set
commons-test to test scope so it doesn't end up in the build - I'll
work on getting that changed - or just having them not depend on
commons-test :)

Hen