geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:57:40 GMT
On 3/2/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm..  somewhere up in this thread, someone had mentioned that we
> should do this as a bottoms-up approach where we migrate the ones
> without any deps (call it base modules) first and then work up the
> chain.
>
> That will impose a sequential order on the migration effort and may
> also possibly hold it up. If we are to randomly attack it, then maybe
> we have to use the maven-install-plugin to install the required m1 dep
> jars in m2 local repo. But atleast now, more and more modules can be
> converted and the code checked in.
>
> If we used the latter approach, then we'll have to wait till the base
> modules have migrated before turning on the top down build. Currently,
> the maven.xml builds only the kernel module in the m2 format anyways.
>
> What do you think ?

Yes :)

It seems like this is what's happening anyway? It'd be hard to do it
bottom down unless it was all happening in one person's head.

So I've leapt into -axis, simply because Axis is a project I'm
interested in so why not :) This leads me to looking at webservices
which seems to be missing interceptor at the moment, so then I end up
in there. Eventually I'll be sending in patches for the base level
stuff, and then moving back to axis.

We need to get something automated setup - the interceptor problem in
webservices is because of on-going development, yet we have it marked
as a Green-good on the wiki page.

Anyone know if there's a way to get Maven to dump the transitive build
order from the project.xmls? That would indicate the order to fix in I
think.

Hen