geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:15:17 GMT
On 2/20/06, Jacek Laskowski <> wrote:
> 2006/2/20, Gianny Damour <>:
> > I think that this has already been suggested by David J.: we add a goal,
> > e.g. new000, which is executed between new00 and new1. new000 launches
> > mvn install in the root project directory. We add to the excludes list
> > of new1 the migrated modules (we could also remove the M1 project files
> > after migration).
> It's an excellent idea and to let others work towards it, I've just
> committed a change to the top-level pom.xml that let you execute a
> single module, just to see if it works before executing it from the
> main build.
> > If everyone agrees on the above, then let's start this migration :) -
> +1 (btw, I thought the migration was on its way for a week or so ;))
> > and I also volunteer to do the migration.
> Welcome on board! AFAIK, there 4 people who're working on it - you,
> Anders, Prasad and me. With 2 committers and 2 non-committers it
> should be pretty straighforward ;)

I'm another volunteer :) Got permission from my boss to spend time in
the day helping out. Hve a colleague who can also offer time.

How can I help? Is help still needed?

Sounds like the current steps are:

* Update the wiki page with a summary of the migration plan.
* Constant migration of modules happening all the time - any idea what
the %age complete is?
* Organize tasks through the Jira issue and its sub-tasks.

One thing I didn't see on the wiki page is just what version is being
migrated. The latest trunk, or are older branches being worried about?

Is gbuild building any of the Maven-2 bits yet; or does that have to
wait until Geronimo can be built from the top down?

View raw message