geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: m2: geronimo-packaging-plugin
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:04:47 GMT

On Mar 21, 2006, at 7:13 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

> David J,
>    This is one of goals from the packaging plugin. I
> need some insight into this :
> <goal name="car:prepare-plan" description="Add
> dependencies to a plan and process with velocity">
> <car:dependencies artifacts="${pom.artifacts}"
> targetDir="${geronimo.packaging.buildDir}"
> sourceDir="${geronimo.packaging.srcDir}"
> planFile="${geronimo.packaging.planFile}"
> targetFile="${geronimo.packaging.buildFile}"
> context="${context}"/>
> </goal>
>     Is this still needed?

In principle, yes.  It may be necessary to hard-code the dependencies/
imports until the transitive dependencies of all modules are further

This is likely to have a problem similar to the dependency plugin,
but I haven't thought through whether or not it actually does :-)  I
would start by including all dependencies and sorting them into
imports and dependencies based on their type.  If this gets too far
from what the  m1 plugin generates we could check in the dependencies/
imports from the m1 output and revisit this when we merge 1.1 into

david jencks