geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dependency Problem in HEAD (djencks?)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:06:22 GMT

On Mar 22, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>> Maybe the security jar is loaded in an ancestor classloader to this
>> configuration, such as rmi-naming.  In that case you'd have to move
>> the dependency for geronimo-util to that ancestor config.  I think
>> that if you get geronimo-util into the geronimo-service.xml for the
>> security jar that should happen automatically.
>
> You were right -- rmi-naming included geronimo-security.  I added the
> dependency on geronimo-util to rmi-naming and that fixed the problem.
> I'm still happy to "fix it better" by putting something in
> modules/security if you know what I need to do for that.

I think including

     <!-- Construct dependency lists for inclusion in generated jar. -->
     <postGoal name="java:compile">
         <attainGoal name="geronimo:dependency"/>
     </postGoal>

in maven.xml and maybe including a dependency on the plugin should do
the trick.  Consult one of the working modules such as jetty for
everything I forgot :-)

thanks
david jencks