geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: help: security module in M2: errors in tests
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:54:32 GMT
    The patches that I submitted on March 13th were
for creating network.log. Are you using forkmode? Have
you tried commenting it out?
    The network.log file is created only when the
surefire-reports directory already exists! I have to
figure out why? I do get LoginException and a lot of
output is produced on the console. But the build ends
successfully with no exception in the reports! It is
quite strange.
    These are the 2 LoginException I get :
DEBUG [main] Added Application Configuration Entry
kerberos-foobar
Debug is  true storeKey false useTicketCache true
useKeyTab false doNotPrompt tr
ue ticketCache is null KeyTab is null
refreshKrb5Config is false principal is nu
ll tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false
storePass is false clearPass is f
alse
Error calling function Protocol status: 1312
A specified logon session does not exist. It may
already have been terminated.
Principal is null
null credentials from Ticket Cache
                [Krb5LoginModule] authentication
failed
Unable to obtain Princpal Name for authentication
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to
obtain Princpal Name for aut
hentication
        at
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.promptForName(Krb5LoginM
odule.java:622)
        at
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.attemptAuthentication(Kr
b5LoginModule.java:544)
        at
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.login(Krb5LoginModule.ja
va:475)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=
TOOLAZYDOGS.COM State changed from stopped to starting
DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=
TOOLAZYDOGS.COM State changed from starting to running
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException:
java.lang.NullPointerException: target
 is null
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicProxyManager.createProxy(BasicP
roxyManager.java:104)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.connect
(JaasLoginCoordinator.java:173)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.initial
ize(JaasLoginCoordinator.java:85)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:662)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:1
29)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:610)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java
:607)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:534)
--- Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com>
wrote:

       All this applies to building from the security
dir. I have to look into the strange path being
generated for the user.properties file.

Thanks
Anita

> I seem to be the only one whose m2 security module
> is failing it's
> tests. I have tried this after a  fresh svn checkout
> and a clean local
> repository. The tests fail even when I run it from
> inside the module.
>
> All the test failures seem to have a common
> exception and root cause.
> I have attached just 1  surefire-report but the rest
> are similar.
>
> Can someone help me figure this out please ?
>
> Cheers
> Prasad

> Battery:

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ConfigurationEntryTest

> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed:
> 1.141 sec

test(org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ConfigurationEntryTest)
>  Time elapsed: 1.111 sec  <<< ERROR!
>
> [ stdout ]

> DEBUG [main] Starting boot
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for: :role=Kernel
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for: :role=Kernel
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] Booted
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo State changed from
> stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo State changed from
> starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginConfiguration State
> changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] Installed Geronimo login configuration
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginConfiguration State
> changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> test:name=TestLoginService State changed from
> stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> test:name=TestLoginService State changed from
> starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=ConfigurationEntry,jaasId=properties-client
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=ConfigurationEntry,jaasId=properties-client
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] Added Application Configuration Entry
> properties-client
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=audit State
> changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=audit State
> changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=properties
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=properties
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=UPCred State
> changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=UPCred State
> changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=properties-realm
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=properties-realm
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] Added Application Configuration Entry
> properties-realm
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.remoting:target=JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer
> State changed from stopped to starting
> DEBUG [main] Remote login service started on:
> tcp://0.0.0.0:4242 clients can connect to:
> tcp://0.0.0.0:4242
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.remoting:target=JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer
> State changed from starting to running
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.remoting:target=JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Stopped remote login service.
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.remoting:target=JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=properties-realm
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Removed Application Configuration Entry
> properties-realm
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=properties-realm
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=UPCred State
> changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Checking if child is running:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred

> DEBUG [main] Stopping child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Checking if child is running:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit

> DEBUG [main] Stopping child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Checking if child is running:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties

> DEBUG [main] Stopping child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] Stopped child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=properties

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] Stopped child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=audit

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] Stopped child:

child=geronimo.security:type=LoginModuleUse,name=UPCred

> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=UPCred State
> changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=audit State
> changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=audit State
> changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=ConfigurationEntry,jaasId=properties-client
> State changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Removed Application Configuration Entry
> properties-client
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:

geronimo.security:type=ConfigurationEntry,jaasId=properties-client
> State changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> test:name=TestLoginService State changed from
> running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> test:name=TestLoginService State changed from
> stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginConfiguration State
> changed from running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] Uninstalled Geronimo login
> configuration
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.security:type=LoginConfiguration State
> changed from stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo State changed from
> running to stopping
> DEBUG [main] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo State changed from
> stopping to stopped
> DEBUG [main] Starting kernel shutdown
> DEBUG [main] Kernel shutdown complete

=== message truncated ===