geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error during server startup
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:36:02 GMT
    After a fresh restart of windows jetty-server is
working fine.

Thanks
Anita
--- anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    This is a problem with jetty-server as well.
> Jetty-server does not produce stack trace but the
> log
> files (geronimo.log, jetty-*.log) are not created.
>
> Thnaks
> Anita
>
> --- Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I am not able to reproduce this on a Mac or
> > Linux...I need to get my
> > hands on a Windowz box to see what is up.  Can you
> > gage what GBean is
> > getting started that is failing?
> >
> > Joe Bohn wrote:
> > > I created a JIRA for this problem a week ago or
> > so.

> > > I haven't had chance yet to look into a fix ...
> > but it only seems to
> > > happen with the tomcat assemblies and seemed to
> be
> > introduced about the
> > > time we upgraded to the new tomcat image.
> > >
> > > Joe

> the

> > \var\log\geronimo.log
> > java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native

java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)

java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)

org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)

org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java

org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)

org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:2

org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.j

org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.j

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigura

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigura

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyC

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurato