geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Yet another way to build !
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 03:40:33 GMT

--- "Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that I like this.  Consider this a
> technical veto.

> Let us focus our efforts on a a clean m2 build, not
> stop gap measures
> like this one listed below.
    Here is how my effort is progressing :
    I wanted to work on tomcat, I was able to build
and test by manually copying the required jars in the
repo.
I could have waited for security, interceptor,
security-builder etc... Then I started working on
security, it needs a new version of maven and new
version of surefire plugin which Jacek built from the
source. The j2ee-schema is not building. I can not do
tomcat-builder. I am going to use this to replace the
pom.xmls that break the build. And I think that others
can do the same.
     IIUC you are objecting to adding it to all the
modules with missing pom.xml because it might create
confusion about which modules need to be worked on. I
do not understand how this makes the build unclean.
Could you be more specific please?

Thnaks
Anita

> [...]
> >that do not have a pom.xml by editing <artifactId>
> and
> ><name>.
> >2. Do mvn install from top level, and now all the
> jars
> >and poms (incomplete) will be in m2 repo.
> >3. Pick your favorite module, I know there are so
> many
> >of you who would like to try one!
> >  cd a-module
> >  mvn install
> >    The advantage here is that no one needs to
> depend
> >on any one elses module! I just got it to work. If
> >there is interest in doing this, I will spend some
> >more time to see if there are any other issues.
> >         Comments welcome.
> >
> >Thnaks
> >Anita

> protection around
> >http://mail.yahoo.com

> ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> ><!--
> >
> >    Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
> >
> >    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> (the "License");
> >    you may not use this file except in compliance
> with the License.
> >    You may obtain a copy of the License at
> >
> >       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> >
> >    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to
> in writing, software
> >    distributed under the License is distributed on
> an "AS IS" BASIS,
> >    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND,
> either express or implied.
> >    See the License for the specific language
> governing permissions and
> >    limitations under the License.
> >-->
> >
> ><!-- $Revision$ $Date$ -->
> >
> ><project>
> >  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> >  <parent>
> >    <groupId>org.apache.geronimo</groupId>
> >    <artifactId>geronimo</artifactId>
> >    <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >  </parent>
> >  <groupId>org.apache.geronimo</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>geronimo-axis</artifactId>
> >  <version>${geronimoVersion}</version>
> >  <packaging>jar</packaging>
> >  <name>Geronimo :: Axis</name>
> >  <build>
> >    <directory>notarget</directory>
> >    <outputDirectory>notarget</outputDirectory>
> >
> <testOutputDirectory>notarget</testOutputDirectory>
> >    <sourceDirectory>nosrc</sourceDirectory>
> >
> <testSourceDirectory>nosrc</testSourceDirectory>
> >    <resources>
> >      <resource>
> >        <directory>nosrc</directory>
> >      </resource>
> >    </resources>
> >    <testResources>
> >      <testResource>
> >        <directory>nosrc</directory>
> >      </testResource>
> >    </testResources>
> >      <plugins>
> >      <plugin>
> >        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >
> <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>

file="${user.home}/.maven/repository/geronimo/jars/${artifactId}-${version}.jar"/>