geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating geronimo-plugins to M2
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:50:49 GMT
2006/3/21, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com>:
> Wait a minute ! Wait a minute !

Hi Prasad,

...after a couple of minutes...

> Except for the deployment plugin, who else outside Geronimo uses our
> other plugins ?

I don't know, you don't know, but we can't just stop supporting it
because of our belief noone *might* not be using it. There're many
companies using M1 and don't think they'll be moving to M2 soon, not
that soon.

> Why do we need to support those plugins to run in an
> M1 environment even after we have completely m2-ized our uild ?

There're two different matters - build and runtime. We can build the
plugins with M2, but they will be useable in M1. We could also build
the M2 plugins with M1. What a final product support doesn't relate
how it's built, does it?

> Prasad

Jacek

--