geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:21:46 GMT
2006/3/17, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com>:

> This will make our top level pom.xml a huge big list. Are we sure we
> want to keep it structured this way ?

Hi Prasad,

It looks that we're quickly approaching Dave's idea when he had
envisioned the modules listed in one place would require a lot of
effort to maintain. I personally don't think we have since lost the
time as I couldn't see it the first time while having read Dave's
email. Now, we're finally more experienced to get the gist of what he
was saying ;) I'm for changing the parent pom to include only a few
modules with a few more submodules rather than keeping them all in it.
If it doesn't work we can always restructure it again ;)

Any comments before the change appears?

I think the another issue that's quickly coming to the surface is the
top-level resources that don't belong to any of submodules, i.e. etc
and xdocs directories as well as *.txt files. Although xdocs should
migrate to its own module, the rest will likely disappear since
they're mostly for M1 purposes.

> Prasad

Jacek

--