geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:43:45 GMT
2006/3/10, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com>:

> 1. The tests in maven 1 ran in their own JVM. Here, they run in the
> same and thus some of the props are passed on from module to module.
> Eg. org.apache.geronimo.home.dir and org.apache.geronimo.server.dir.
> These props are set in the BasicServerInfo. The derby and directory
> tests failed b'coz it carried over these props from the transaction
> tests. The patches I submitted resets these 2 props. It works but only
> for those 2 modules. The alternative is to play safe for all modules.
> The surefire plugin has a forkMode option that can be set "pertest".
> The cons of this would be, having to setup/shutdown a JVM per test
> <forkMode>once | pertest</forkMode>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/howto.html
> Comments ? What should we do ?

If the previous tests have worked as a forked process, the tests in M2
should be run with the forkMode, too. Some of the modules have it
already defined. The annoying part is that such tests leave
surefire*.properties files in their home directories.

> 2. I hope we are all pruning the dependency list in the pom.xml to get
> rid of all those 3rd part dependencies. Just wanted to call that out
> and remind ourselves again.

Well, I didn't care yet about doing it, but will do from now on.
Thanks for pointing it out.

> Also, I have seen some migrated POMs that
> have commented lines that say, "used during test only", "used by
> compile only". These dependencies should have the scope element set
> appropriately.

Good point. Whenever you see such comments, get rid of them and make
appropriate changes. I must've missed them. Sorry!

> Prasad

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski