geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Sun copyrights and our rights to include certain files in the repo
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:09:29 GMT
Hi,

It struck me while I was about to commit Bill's patch
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1686). Some files in it
(and in j2ee-schema module, actually), contain

Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 901 San Antonio
Road, Palo Alto, California 94303, U.S.A. All rights
reserved.

What are the rules to store such files in our repo? Since they're in
our repo, they're ours and I was changing the header of the files in
Bill's patch to reference the ASL 2.0 license, but am not sure if I'm
allowed to. If I'm not, they should not be in our repo, either.

Is there a mistake in my reasoning? ;) Desparately looking for a guidance...

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl