geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yet another way to build !
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:07:10 GMT
2006/3/6, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>:

>  Automatically copying jars from a maven 1 repo for maven 2 builds is not
> the way to go.  I would work on another module rather than introduce this
> nonstandard workaround into our m2 POMs.

Alan's right. I think that we can afford yet another strange thing in
our build, just to complicate it even more. There's enough work to do
with the conversion that clearly indicates that that's not very easy
to grasp, not to mention to support it.

Now, after some days of working on the conversion, I see how much work
it required and really appreciate Dave J.'s work to have got it
running (well, there're others who contributed, but ASAIR Dave was the
one who made it all working, and thus his name is mentioned explicitly
;)).

>  Alan

Jacek

--