geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Conrad O'Dea" <co...@iona.com>
Subject Re: how are gbean references resolved?
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:53:17 GMT
Hi David,

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 13:11 -0600, David Jencks wrote:

[snip]
> There's a missing feature at the moment that the web service builder
> (axis or celtix) does not get to add to the default parents.  In the
> 1.1/configid branch we are greatly modifying how the default parents
> are set up and I plan to look at this problem with web service
> builders after we get 1.1 out.  Meanwhile you will need to change the
> default parentids in the jetty, tomcat, and openejb builders.

Updating the parentIds did the trick here. Now I have a gbean that I can
deploy to Geronimo and have it handle deployments of POJOs.  This leads
me on to two questions.

Is is possible to update the parentIds for these modules through the
config.xml?  Right now, to get my Celtix deployer to work I need to
build my own config for G.  It would be great if this could be done by
some quick edits to a config.xml in a binary distribution of G.

The other question is related to a problem I am seeing after the WS POJO
has been deployed and a CeltixWebServiceContainer is constructed.  When
the JettyPOJOWebServiceHolder receives the container, a
ClassCastException is thrown.  This is occurring because the
WebServiceContainer interface implemented by my container has been
loaded through a different class-loader to that used by the Jetty module
(I'm just working with Jetty and POJOs for the minute).

The JettyPOJOWebServiceHolder used this classloader to load the
interface:
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
id=geronimo/rmi-naming/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car]
whereas the celtix gbean loaded the interface through this loader:
 [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
id=geronimo/celtix-deployer/1.2/car]

How do I get the celtix GBean to see the same version
WebServiceContainer as the Jetty and the rest of the of the service.
The deployment plan for my GBean is attached for reference.  I noticed
that the Jetty Gbean has a commented-out parentId reference to
rmi-naming but does not currently have a parent config.

thanks again,
Conrad