geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject License issues with commonj
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:00:18 GMT
We have a patch with an implementation of the commonj timer spec.
I'd like to get this into svn soon.  One issue is straightening out
the license provisions for the api and implementations.  AFAICT
commonj is a joint effort of BEA and IBM.

The bea website discussing commonj is:
http://dev2dev.bea.com/wlplatform/commonj/twm.html

After the download links it states:

This specification is being made available on an RF basis (as
detailed in the Copyright notice of the specification); therefore,
BEA does not require an implementation license. If you prefer,
however, you may request a license from BEA to implement the
specification.

The specification pdf says: