geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: Maven 2 Repository for Geronimo
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:06:40 GMT
> At the very least, I'd like the interface to be the same.

So far I have not found any reason to believe that use of the
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.* interfaces will be a
problem.  We just write a facade that impls our repo interfaces and
then delegates to the Maven2 API.

Except for WriteableRepository that is... not sure how that relates
directly.  It should be possible, but since Maven2 could really bet a
set of repositories it is unclear how to properly implement this
interface.  Could be that writable methods always operate on the
local repository cache.

> Can you find and post the maven2 repository interface to this list?

As soon as I figure out which interfaces are relevant.  There is no
single interface, but stuff from org.apache.maven.artifact.*

> My feeling on this is if it works it works.  I don't think we
> should turn on downloading by default anytime soon, but I think we
> should make it available as an options so people can begin to play
> with it.

I don't think it should ever be on by default.  But if it works, it
would be nice to see a configuration portlet to allow repositories to
be setup and then enabled/disabled.  Then we could ship with a remote
repository configured, but diabled (so no remote, unless someone
enables it).

Anyways, too soon for that... first thing is to get it working.

I have to work on some of this XA Oracle stuff first, but after that
I will get an example put together and publish it to the group.

View raw message