geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem building head
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:05:59 GMT

On Feb 15, 2006, at 10:04 AM, Conrad O'Dea wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am having problems getting a build of Geronimo.  I am following the
> instructions at: http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Building
> I've basically done the following (and several combinations thereof):
>
>   % svn co  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo
>   % cd geronimo
>   % maven m:fresh-checkout
>   % maven new -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
>
> and after a good healthy time of doing stuff it fails with:
>
> "The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
> dependency:
>
> geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
>
> I've also checked-out geronimo-specs and built it with 'mvn
> install' but
> this jar has not been built anywhere in that working copy or either
> ~/.maven or ~/.m2 repositories.  Nor can I find it in the maven
> repository at http://cvs.apache.org/repository/geronimo-spec/jars/.

Conrad,
I just verified that geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar was
built and placed in my .maven repository. Can you svn update your
specs and try again?

FYI -- the spec jar was mistakenly deleted from the apache repo. I'm
sure it will be back sometime soon.

Also, I believe there was also a problem in the spec build which
didn't put the jar in your .maven repo. I thought that had been fixed
over the weekend...

--kevan