geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: [vote] XBean donation
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:25:01 GMT
On 2 Feb 2006, at 17:02, Kevan Miller wrote:
> +1
> However, I must confess, I'm not exactly sure what accepting a
> donation means. Do we have a precise definition? We accept the code
> as a subproject and that's that? Are there other community/
> committer changes associated with this? I see we now have a
> donation to a project in incubation...
> Here's my understanding of what the Geronimo community is expecting...
>   - xbean code will be accepted and will be available as a
> subproject as it is reviewed and inspected
>   - there will be education to the G community about xbean is and
> the benefits that it can provide (this is beyond the generic
> platitudes of "xbean is great").
>   - discussion in the community about how xbean can be incorporated
> within geronimo

That sounds about right to me. It'll be a module that parts of
Geronimo can choose to use if it wishes and over time we'll document
things better & educate more then hopefully more of Geronimo can
benefit from it too; already various parts of Geronimo are using it
(ActiveMQ, Jetty, OpenEJB, ServiceMix, XFire).

View raw message