geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] XBean donation
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:02:54 GMT
+1

However, I must confess, I'm not exactly sure what accepting a
donation means. Do we have a precise definition? We accept the code
as a subproject and that's that? Are there other community/committer
changes associated with this? I see we now have a donation to a
project in incubation...

Here's my understanding of what the Geronimo community is expecting...

   - xbean code will be accepted and will be available as a
subproject as it is reviewed and inspected
   - there will be education to the G community about xbean is and
the benefits that it can provide (this is beyond the generic
platitudes of "xbean is great").
   - discussion in the community about how xbean can be incorporated
within geronimo

--kevan