geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2 - conversion idea
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:30:52 GMT

On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Is there an easy way to do this with m1?  I'm concerned about
> having two dependency lists: one in the project.xml and one in the
> pom.xml.  Is there a tool that can merge the project.xml
> dependencies into a template pom.xml?

If there was a tool we'd probably go from pom.xml to project.xml for
transitive deps reasons rather than the other way around.

But really, I wouldn't worry about having two deps lists.  Here is an
idea for keeping things working ...

Why don't we:
   - use an non-conflicting groupId like org.apache.geronimo-m2 or
something specifically for conversion
   - set it up in our continuum install as another project
   - and continuously build *both*

The reason for the new groupId is so that the m2 build doesn't
interfere at all with our regular m1 build.  We just won't sycn

When our m2 build is read, we just drop the "-m2" suffix from the
groupId and delete the old maven.xml and project.xml files.

View raw message