geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2 - conversion idea
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:30:52 GMT

On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Is there an easy way to do this with m1?  I'm concerned about
> having two dependency lists: one in the project.xml and one in the
> pom.xml.  Is there a tool that can merge the project.xml
> dependencies into a template pom.xml?

If there was a tool we'd probably go from pom.xml to project.xml for
transitive deps reasons rather than the other way around.

But really, I wouldn't worry about having two deps lists.  Here is an
idea for keeping things working ...

Why don't we:
   - use an non-conflicting groupId like org.apache.geronimo-m2 or
something specifically for conversion
   - set it up in our continuum install as another project
   - and continuously build *both*

?

The reason for the new groupId is so that the m2 build doesn't
interfere at all with our regular m1 build.  We just won't sycn
org.apache.geronimo-m2.

When our m2 build is read, we just drop the "-m2" suffix from the
groupId and delete the old maven.xml and project.xml files.

Thoughts?

-David