geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Spring support in Geronimo
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:41:46 GMT

On Feb 2, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody please clarify as to the extent of Spring support we
> have within Geronimo.
> I did read David Jencks comments on the JIRA issue, but couldn't
> grasp the overall context of the sping involvment within G.
>
> So I really appreciate a bit more background and more specific
> information on the topic.

I know that it is possible to run a spring app started from a servlet
init method in geronimo (namely jetspeed2).

We'd like to expose our services such as the transaction management
and connectors in spring.  I don't know much of anything about Spring
so I just barged ahead and implemented a spring-tm to geronimo-tcm
adapter.  If anyone knows how to determine how much it works, please
help out :-)

There's also the jencks project which has a different purpose.  They
are not running anything in the geronimo kernel, but rather starting
the geronimo jta and j2ca components in spring.  I don't think that
those components will be very useful for exposing components running
in the geronimo kernel in spring, but I could be wrong.

thanks
david jencks