geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:38:16 GMT
On 3 Feb 2006, at 09:18, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Absolutely -1: The first time I ever saw any of this topic was
> Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:20:32 -0700  (Thu, 01:20 LKT)
> and now at
> Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:22:28 +0000  (22:22 LKT)
> you want to have a vote on it? You've GOT to be kidding.

I called a vote to see what people thought about it, particularly the
project sponsor, the geronimo PMC.

> Also, how is it that a project under incubation can start sucking in
> more projects??

We're not sucking in another project. Its a contribution of code
only. How is this any different than has already happened on
Geronimo, Agila (twister), Harmony etc?

> The idea of incubation is that the project is still not
> a part of Apache and hasn't quite become a meritocracy etc..

I understand that, which is why we are asking for the sponsor, the
Geronimo PMC to vote.

> The way this particular potential donation has been handled proves
> without a shadow of a doubt that this project (ServiceMix) is not
> running The Apache Way.

Huh? We've held a vote in open so folks can express their opinions. i
don't see how the project is not following the Apache Way. I find
this comment particularly puzzling as you voted yourself in to be a
mentor of the ServiceMix project.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/