geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:49:16 GMT

On Feb 15, 2006, at 5:25 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:
>> Then I don't understand why it would save us any work *now*? How
>> could
>> m1 and m2 know about the dependencies if there were no project.xml or
>> pom.xml, respectively? Once we provide pom.xml's, I understand it
>> would be the next step to just call off m2 from m1, but it's not
>> possible now.
>>
> It save us from the extra work of ensuring that the m2 build works
> properly all along the migration.

We could hook them up into continuum, no?  We have to do that anyway.

I'm personally a little weary about forcing everyone to choke down
every step of the migration.  It's trivial to run both the maven1 and
work-in-progress maven2 builds in continuum.

I'm not understanding why people think that's not good enough to get
started?

-David