geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:22:28 GMT
We have received the generous donation of a complete and working BPE
engine to the ServiceMix project...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-servicemix-dev/
200602.mbox/%
3cf94cbdb00602011120t68cfb561necc044dbc488645a@mail.gmail.com%3e

the contributor has offered to donate to Apache & complete the
necessary software grants & IP clearance and to work with us on
integrating it into ServiceMix.

For those of you maybe not aware; ServiceMIx is an ESB project
defined around JBI (JSR 208) the JCP standard API to integration
components along with being the standard container model for a BPE.
ServiceMix already has the JBI container and has a suite of JBI
integration components already for smart routing, transformation,
rules, scripting, auditing etc...
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/Components

So it makes complete sense to add a BPE to that component suite. Note
that since ServiceMix already has integration components to Apache
Axis and Apache Tuscany, the integration of the BPE with ServiceMix
should benefit those projects too (with Apache Synapse possibly too
via the Axis integration - though we need to work on that one a bit).

Also having a BPE fully integrated into Geronimo via the JBI
container would mean that we could start to orchestrate pretty much
everything in the Geronimo stack! I'm certainly very excited by this
move...

[ ] +1 accept the donation into the ServiceMix incubator project
[ ] 0  don't mind either way
[ ] -1 I object because: .......

Here's my +1

James