geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Spring support in Geronimo
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:23:01 GMT

On Feb 2, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the info, I myself not too familliar with Spring :-)
> I asked the question out of curiosity.
>
> Btw why did u integrate the spring tm? (like any special features
> that it provides)
> Is it better than the default Geronimo transaction manager?
> (I have heard that you can use spring tm standalone, may thats what
> u did, pls correct me if I am wrong)

Actually there is no spring transaction manager implementation in the
sense of actually managing transactions.  Spring relies on other
people for the actual jta implementation, such as the jencks project
(wrapping the geronimo tm), JOTM, or the tm in a j2ee server such as
WAS or WLS.  What I did was just wrap ours like the WAS or WLS tm is
wrapped (except since my wrapper is single purpose it is somewhat
simpler).

thanks
david jencks