geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Message based web services
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:43:24 GMT

On Feb 21, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>          I have a query regarding Axis. In Axis we can deploy
> message based web services with a WSDD as shown below
> <deployment
> xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
> xmlns:java=" http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance ">
> <service name="CatalogPublisherService" provider="java:MSG">
> <parameter name="className"
> value="xyz"
> />
> <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="publishCatalog"/>
> </service>
> </deployment>

> Is it possible to do this in the geronimo axis implementation?

We don't support the wsdd files and J2EE web services are very RPC
focused.  To my knowledge, the closest you can get is using SAAJ
which gives you a DOM-like version of the message.  But you'd still
be forced to map that message to a method of a service class.

> Also is this feature of axis an implementation of any Java spec?

Not strictly, though it may be influenced by some standard concept.

> Also the axis site says that it supports transports other than
> http. Is this supported in Geronimo?

Http/https only.

> Thanks in Advance

You're very welcome!