geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: timing on need for JAX-WS and JAX-B support
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:45:08 GMT
> I could use jaxb support now.  I'd like to use it instead of castor
> or xmlbeans for marshalling deployment descriptors -- or rather with
> castor or xmlbeans if either of them implement jaxb.
>
> I didn't know Axis2 was going to implement jaxb.  Are the xmlbeans
> guys going to implement it too?

A couple of weeks ago I began investigating what it will take for
Castor support the JAXB 2 API on top of the existing engine. It's
certainly doable with one issue being the ability to cover the entire
spec in a timely manner if I'm the only one working on it. There are
certainly other concerns, but that's the biggest one at the moment.

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)