geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JDBC Pool access from remote client.
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:00:46 GMT
If you have a J2EE application client, you can configure it with what
appears to be a regular pool but it actually creates the pool on the
client side which creates connections from the client to the database
without interacting with the app server at all.

We don't yet have the kind of remote JDBC wrapper you're talking
about, and we also don't have anything that a non-J2EE client can take
advantage of.  Patches would be appreciated.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron