geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Sample plan bits for configId branch, please review!
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:45:29 GMT
> If we are going with maven style dependencies I think we should
> follow their xml (http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html) as
> close as possible.  If we are going to split from their format, I
> would like the difference to not be subtle, which would rule out
> dropping just the Id and reusing elements named "scope" or "type" for
> something other than what they mean in maven.

I hear you, I'm just not that concerned with how close we stick to
maven syntax since what we're doing here is in many cases quite
different from what maven does.  For example, if I want to force the
CORBA ORB to be started before my EJB app is deployed, I don't think
"naturally, I should use Maven for that!", but that's one of the
things these elements are used for.  I would much rather have clear
and easy syntax for what *we* want to do.

Thanks,
    Aaron